Need a UL 508A Panel?

Posted by IER Services on Jul 16, 2019 8:32:02 AM

UL508A Panel is an electrical control panel with a UL508A Label. This certifies it meets the UL508 safety standard and was produced by a panel shop with UL 508A certification.

What do I do if an inspector rejects my equipment?  UL 508 certified

When an inspector rejects a new equipment installation, the question is why. Is there a safety issue, or is your equipment missing documented adherence to a generally accepted safety standard? If adding a UL 508A Label to your control panel will satisfy the Building Inspector, you have several options.

  • Option 1– You can contact UL’s Field Evaluation Services at 877-854-3577. Explain your situation and ask them to schedule a field evaluation. The cost can vary, but it is usually more than $2,000.
  • Option 2– Contact a UL 508A Panel Shop near you such as IER Services.  We can evaluate the work required to make your panel conform to the UL 508 standard. You just give us your control panel and we can make it conform to regulations and apply a UL 508A label. The cost should be less than a UL Field Evaluation.

What is a UL 508A Panel Shop?

IER Services is a certified UL 508A Panel Shop. This certification allows us to independently design and produce UL 508A labeled panels certified to meet a known safety standard and traceable back to the panel shop

Contact IER Services Now!

Topics: IER Services, UL 508A certified

News & Information 

We hope our information will help you with any questions you may have about the products and solutions we can provide for your HVAC and fluid flow projects.

Subscribe to Email Updates

Recent Posts

Posts by Topic

see all